Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Biarritz with Kara

When I travelled to France ten years ago with Dave's family for Christmas, I fell in love with the Atlantic coastal town of Biarritz.  It is known for its surfing and language school, even combining lessons, and I had hoped we'd be able to spend time there this summer. But since the school doesn't accommodate small children, and we came earlier than their classes started, it slipped from the list. Luckily, Kara and I were able to escape for a day trip there (it's 1.5 hr drive from Pau), thanks to the Awesome Day Camp run by my brother-in-law Eric.


just as beautiful as I remember it


My sister Kara

The main beach
After the baking heat, it was nice to have it barely break 80 deg. This is another beach.

Lots of surfing students!


Another beach. Any idea why I like it so much?!


We bought paintings from an artist... on the beach.


Other than to smile for pictures, we didn't stop talking for eight hours. A great day!

No comments: