Wednesday, June 15, 2016

San Sebastian

While Dave was on a business trip hanging movie screens in Barcelona and London, my friend Ben from Colorado was visiting. On Monday, he and the girls and I drove east two hours to the Spanish city of San Sebastian, on the Atlantic Ocean.


The forecast was for rain so the girls got to test their new rain boots in the waves... while people swam behind us. They didn't look particularly cold but I wasn't willing to try it (or deal with the aftermath of the girls getting wet!). It didn't rain on us but the wind was fierce.


Vivi collected scraps of sea shells (and a lot of sand).

We visited the aquarium, which I'd been to ten years before. 

Jelly fish

On our trip ten years ago, I'd fallen in love with some iridescent tile. When we remodeled our house two years ago, I used a picture to pick out tile for our powder room. But I didn't remember where I'd taken it in the city so I was shocked to look up and see the building.
Seven
So fun to hang out with Ben!
The bathroom
It was great to hang out with an old (and good!) friend...


1 comment:

Kara said...

fun! I was just looking at options for driving to Spain, and thought San Sebastian looked the best... can't wait to see you!