Friday, December 14, 2007

Week 11 (Adi rolls over!)

Adi has started to push up a lot in tummy time, holding her head up and looking back and forth for several seconds.


On Wednesday morning, Dave and I were watching her push up higher and higher and then- whoops! a little too high- and she rolled right over.

We're trying not to compare the girls too much, but we have been giving Mae more tummy time because she seems to have stopped lifting her head. Instead of trying, most of the time she is just content to suck on whichever fist is by her mouth. She has been cooing and smiling a lot, though, so I think she is just concentrating on verbal development right now.
Yesterday the girls fell asleep after nursing and were sucking on their hands... but not their own.

3 comments:

The Fisher's House said...

Ohhhhh, that is too cute them sucking on each other's hands. Did you just melt?

Tummy time is paying off. I try to do it every day, but I must admit, if she is having an "off" day I blow it off. I should be more vigilant.

Kara said...

Wow. Adorable
And don't worry about Mae not lifting her head. She will get it one day, even without tummy time!

Anonymous said...

Great anecdote! I'll share that one at work1
love,
cousin Jennifer