Monday, September 17, 2007

Pregnancy update: 37 weeks

We are at 37 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. I'm amazed I've made it this far, but maybe it is genetic- my mom had Kara & me at 40 weeks 2 days, which seems almost unheard of for twins.
At least we know there is a definite ending: because Pell (the lower one) is breech, I'll almost certainly have a c-section and we've scheduled for Sep 28 in case I don't go into labor before then.

I'm impatient for Pell & Mell to be born but am also trying to appreciate every day of rest. Unfortunately I don't have the energy to do much more than lay on the couch (sitting up at the computer is tiring!) so my list of cleaning tasks will probably remain undone. I just consider that I'm adjusting my cleanliness standards for the next few years.

The closer we get, the harder it seems to believe how much our lives are going to change. I think we've done about everything to prepare that we can think of... but I doubt it will do any good!

Here's a picture of my belly. It feels really full now, in a way it just hasn't before, like they are really packed in there tightly. I'm still carrying all in front; the top of the belly now slopes *up* when I'm sitting.


I had my last ultrasound a week and a half ago. It is hard for them to see much at this point because the babies are so big, but Mell (the upper one) was facing right into the "camera." Her face is sideways (top of head to the right) at the top of the frame. The dark circle that makes up the bottom half of the frame, that she seems to be laying on as a pillow, might be her sister's head.

4 comments:

Jenny Fox said...

Hi Dani! It looks like they are really squished in there! You must be ready... your belly is humungous. Take care!

--jenny

Unknown said...

Dani, you are looking great and have a fantastic attitude considering how uncomfortable you must be. We love you and know you and Dave will make great parents. We're almost as anxious to see you two as parents as we are to be grandparents twice over.

Good luck and remember we are here for help in any way possible.

Love to all four of you … any chance it will then be d-to the fourth power?

Mom and Dad Bundy

Kara said...

I agree that you have a great attitude. It was so hard for me to wait these last few weeks, and I just had one. I can't believe you have two babies in there!

And, I can't wait to meet them. It's amazing to me that I have two nieces, whose names I still don't know, who I am going to finally meet in a few weeks/days.

By the way, Eric is so happy that he's going to make it back home in time....or close!

Enjoy having nothing to do except laying on the couch. This is your last 'vacation' for awhile. (Though I know it's not such a comfortable one!)

Anonymous said...

Dani...

Thanks for the update and the pictures! It was great talking to you the other night; we know that you were pregnant, but seeing these pictures makes it seem so much more real! How exciting! Do take care and keep us in the loop. We'll be thinking of you and Dave over the next couple of days and weeks--sending you our wishes for smooth deliveries and a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,

Mike & Adi